Thursday, February 14, 2013

Black Hearts. {Manicure}

I tend to ignore Valentine's Day for the most part... it's a silly holiday - and very easy to become slightly bitter when you're single. However, I try to not go the bitter route and just see it as an excuse to love pink, red, and hearts even more.

Is this not the cutest Valentine's Day card?

Oh, and the conversation hearts. BEST PART! {yellow is my favorite - feel free to send me a bag full! ;)}



This is a bucket of fun... we used this for Valentine's Day Mini Sessions {no, it's not full of candy hearts... its full of paper then a layer of candy!}
But the absolute best part... an excuse to give yourself a fun manicure. Not that I ever need an excuse for that.



\

tools:

Red polish - I used OPI: Girls Just Want to Play {my favorite red polish}
Bright pink polish - China Glaze: Flip Flop Fantasy
Black polish - L.A. Girls: Blackout
Masking tape
Scissors

I painted my nails all red with one pink accent nail on each hand. I then let those dry completely. Then I tore off a piece of masking tape and folded it in half lightly then cut a heart out of it - ya know, like we were taught how to do in elementary school. Then very carefully peeled the tape apart and VOILA! there was a cute little heart.




I placed it on the nail I wanted to have a heart on. Make sure it's completely stuck around the heart to ensure that it doesn't bleed. Then paint that black heart! Let completely dry - slowly peel the tape off and slap on a coat of top coat and you have yourself a pretty little Valentine's Day manicure. 



Fun, right?

Oh and as I special Valentine's Day gift to you all.. I have one of these pretties... {the pink cowl}


Up for grabs. $20 - free shipping and ships ASAP. There's only one available - so act fast! Go here to get yours now!

I'm linking up with Katie and Steph for Saw it. Pinned it. Did it. 



Happy Valentine's Day, lovers! 











3 comments:

lacey said...

your NAILS! i love cute manicures like this! good work, lady. also, i'm single too. wanna be friends? :-)

Kristen said...

love your nails! & that cowl is sooo cute! newest follower :)

Jennie said...

Love the nails. I also love conversation hearts! I am hitting up the stores today to get them on sale =)