Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I get so weak in the knees...

Day 29: Five pieces of music that speak to me or brings back memories. 



Jason Aldean. Anything... Somehow he just can't do wrong in my eyes. His albums have gotten me through some rough moments and when I'm having one of those days... he's my constant playlist. It's my comfort zone. 



Kid Rock and Sheryl Crow - "Picture" - this has become the ultimate road trip song. Whenever Amy, Missy, or I hear it we BELT it out... and so dramatically. 

Kate Voegele - "Hallelujah" - I've heard all the other versions, including the original - and I love them all. But I love this one the most. 

SWV - "Weak" - this song will always, always, always  take me back to my childhood. My friends Jenny, Stephanie, and I would sing this song like it was going out of style. And I don't think we had a clue what we were singing about... we just loved it. 


Blake Shelton - "Sure be cool if you did" - only because I can not get the song out of my head. It's my jam right now but it also won't leave my head. Although I'm not complaining... yesterday I had "Grandpa" by The Judd's stuck in my head. #thankstothevoice 

It's seriously hard to come up with five songs... I could think of a million different ones that have meant something in my life... but for now, we will go with these. 




I woke up this morning to see Illy sporting my leopard headband on her blog. And I was sooo happy... first she looks amazing in it - second, I kinda geek out a bit because she's hands down one of my favorites. I've followed her blog/shop for so long and own quite a few items - it was really cool to see her wearing something of mine. If you don't follow her blog {seriously, who doesn't?} you should. She's one of the most genuine and real people I've met on this blogging journey. 


And TODAY ONLY I'm offering the Leopard Sailors Knot headband for 20% off.. head on over to the store to scoop up this deal! That makes it $8 with free shipping! 

Happy hump day, kittens!



3 comments:

hope @ a cup of Hope said...

Jason Aldean is delicious. Although he's a cheater. Haha. Good song choices-didn't know half of them though, I'll have to check 'em out!
PS-Go you on the headband! woot!

Alissa said...

Blake Shelton is 6 foot 5 of what dreams are made of. I love that song, and have been playing that and "Boys Round Here" on repeat lately.

I believe the only way to sing "Picture" is dramatically. I'm glad you agree!

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

I have a crazy need to listen to picture now.. it's funny the songs you never forget.. even if you never listen to them, you know?