Friday, January 11, 2013

Green Smoothie... Say what?!?!

Smoothie's are all the hype right now... ya know, with everyone's get fit New Year's Resolutions and all that fun jazz...

And I tend to stray away from them because they're full of sugar, or I don't feel full, or they just take way too much time to make.

THEN... my friend, Brandi posted a photo of a green smoothie... I asked what she put in it... SPINACH!!! Admittedly, I was kind of grossed out but also slightly intrigued. So I googled "spinach smoothies" and found  the 5 Day Green Smoothie Challenge on The Beautiful Mess blog.


I decided that the last smoothie she listed sounded good - and I had all the stuff...

So this morning, I tried it.


Green Smoothie Recipe {adapted from The Beautiful Mess}

1 handful of baby spinach
1 cup fresh pineapple
1/2 banana
1/2 orange
splash of skim milk
ice

And let me tell ya - this baby was DELICOUS!!! Sooo refreshing! My only wish is that I had put yogurt or protein powder in it so it would have kept me full longer. Tomorrow, I'll try that.

I was completely a skeptic to this whole "Green Smoothie" trend... but I have jumped on the bandwagon and loving it.

Have you tried spinach in your smoothies? What are you favorite recipes??

Happy Friday, kittens!


No comments: