Monday, January 14, 2013

Be. More. Awesome.

Yup... I've complained about all the people crowding the gym because of their New Year's resolution... but, truth be told...

I'm one of them. 

I just happened to have belonged to the gym BEFORE 2013. I just didn't make it there in December, and November was a bit of a rough month with me and the gym as well. BUT before that... I was doing okay... that counts, right?

Source
However, somewhere I've found the motivation to get back into working out and eating better. And I've been very successful so far. Surprisingly, I've lost 7 lbs since before Christmas. I'm going to credit being sick to some of that. And the rest goes to my cutting down on my carb, sweets, and booze intake - and getting my bum moving again.

And it helps when my instagram and twitter feeds are full of people and friends doing the same thing. My friend, Nikki and I are doing the Plank Challenge {#plankchallenge} again. Everyday {aside from today - oops} we see how long we can hold a solid plank. Right now I'm at 2:12 - Nikki is almost over 3 minutes. The trick... turn on some good music, get in position, and focus. It's amazing how quickly your core begins to strengthen.

Before Christmas I had started the couch to 5k program. I was into week 3 when the gym and I had a falling out... so I haven't attempted it yet this year, but hopefully this week I'll be able to get back on the treadmill and pick up where I left off. {fingers crossed}

This leg workout. 
And with eating... I think it's just to be more mindful of what I'm eating. I don't want to obsess or restrict myself from certain foods. It's just about moderation. Eating more fruits and vegetables. Limiting my breads and sugars. I've done well with it - I am quite knowledgeable of food and good vs. bad.

Chicken Pesto Bake from SkinnyTaste
My ultimate goal is to lose 20 lbs. But I think setting small goals and rewarding myself during the process will keep me in check and motivated...

Last weeks goal: Work out at least 4 days. DONE! 
Reward: Whatever my heart desires at Starbucks. {I haven't collected on this yet!}

This weeks goal: Complete week 3 of Couch to 5k.
Reward: New workout outfit.

Next weeks goal: Still working on it... I'll be in ATL for half of it... so it'll probably just be managing to get a workout in at all while we're away.

Do you set workout goals? Large? Small? How do you reward yourself? What are your tips and tricks?

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram to see my #plankchallenge and everything else I post. ;)

Happy Monday, lovers! We have a jam packed week of photo shoots at work {including my new niece...Eeeeek!} and I have cowls to make and send out before Friday. Oh, and gym time. And blogging. Jeez Louise, I'm already tired just thinking about it!





No comments: